Application Solutions: Human Resources
Anytime, Anywhere Access to Human Resources Records
Human resource documents contain some of an organization's most sensitive information, making their storage and access both important and challenging.
HR documents are often created on a distributed basis, may or may not be managed centrally, and are referenced by users with different access and security requirements. When organizations have different personnel managing various components of the employee file such as benefits, payroll and the federally regulated I-9, it creates several operational challenges:
- Controlling authorizations. HR records usually exist in a hybrid environment, with both paper and digital formats requiring strict access controls.
- Distributed and centralized access. Field employees and central management often require access to the same documents for audit and review. Problems or inefficiencies in duplication, mailing and faxing increase costs and raise the risk of inadvertent disclosures and/or lost documents.
- Auditing and reporting. If master files are hard to access, users invariably make unauthorized convenience or “phantom” copies. Even when controlled, multiple copies can compromise the integrity of the employee records.
- Security and consistency. Securely managing large volumes of active records in a distributed environment is difficult to do in a compliant manner.
- Managing labor and real-estate costs. Maintaining large, onsite file rooms, especially at corporate headquarters, requires a significant investment in space and personnel.
Gain from our experience
Iron Mountain's human resource solutions provide a comprehensive approach to storing and securely accessing your sensitive records. We apply industryleading technology, best practices and rigorous chain-of-custody controls to ensure that your records are both secure and accessible.
First, we analyze your document usage patterns, and then recommend a costeffective program that provides the right combination of physical storage and document imaging to meet your budgets and goals.
A key advantage of our solution is the Iron Mountain Digital Record Center® for Images. Enable our standard application for human resources to host your image files in one centralized location, index them into standard fields based on Iron Mountain's expertise in human resources, and deliver multi-site protected access to any number of authorized users over secure internet connections. You gain the simplicity of having Iron Mountain manage your storage infrastructure, the control you need to monitor, audit and report on document use, as well as information accessibility your organization requires.
Iron Mountain's expertise in physical and electronic security measures and rigorous records management processes can help you implement a successful program that will drive down costs and improve protection of, and access to, sensitive records.