When disaster strikes you should be able to snap into action and get your company operating properly again. Having a disaster recovery plan is key and if you haven’t reviewed your plan to confirm it works, your organization may be in jeopardy. You need confidence that your plan will function as intended, keeping your information protected and getting you back up and running fast.
What if you could...
- Lessen the risk of a failed recovery by thoroughly testing your disaster response plan?
- Expedite recovery by pre-defining the precise media needed for immediate delivery to your hot site?
- Know that you’re able to meet your recovery time and recovery point objectives (RTOs and RPOs)?
Iron Mountain Disaster Recovery Support
You can review, test, evaluate and refine, and implement your recovery plan using the Disaster Recovery Support service, part of the Iron Mountain Data Backup and Recovery solution suite. Our experts can help you:
- Explore disaster scenarios and their implications
- Conduct real-world testing that puts your plan into action before disaster strikes
- Define a set of “priority media” needed using source coding to initiate the recovery process
- Establish a “remote vault” for your needed media at your hot site location
You’ll know that your organization is protected and able to get back up and running in the event of an unplanned event or full-scale disaster with the help of Iron Mountain Disaster Recovery Support service.
Your current plan is evaluated by Iron Mountain disaster recovery experts and compared to best practices. During the review phase, you will be able to:
- Identify new and emerging threats
- Fully consider the potential impact of a range of disaster scenarios on your organization
Determine how your plan should change to mitigate any gaps You’ll also have the option to use the SecureSync® online portal to:
- Store your updated plan online for easy access at the time of a disaster
- Identify and arrange for priority delivery of a select set of critical media using disaster recovery pick (DRP) codes, as well as define the sequence in which media should be used
During this phase, you can:
- Use SecureSync to download your plan and request media from the Iron Mountain offsite storage facility
- Have Iron Mountain transport the requested backup tapes to your hot site or alternate recovery location, while the InControl® Solution tracks the progress at key transition points
- Leverage expert assistance every step of the way, including help restoring data on your recovery systems
Evaluate and Refine
During the Evaluate and Refine phase you can:
- Assess the process and results to understand your strengths and vulnerability points
- Identify gaps and the root cause of failed steps
- Clarify roles, responsibilities, and timelines for various recovery activities
- Determine the necessary changes to eliminate errors and ensure you have the resources in place to improve performance
Carrying out your plan takes precision and organization in what could be a potentially chaotic situation. Our professionals can assist you with:
- Delivering pre-defined media in a secure Iron Mountain vehicle or your trusted third party vendor
- Establishing a “remote vault” at your hot site, racking, and mounting your media for usage until your primary data center is fully operational
- Keeping your BackupCare™ in process by picking up and dropping off tapes at your hot site until your business is back in its original location
What You Gain...
- Peace of mind that comes from knowing your plan is up-to-date and supports current operational requirements
- The ability to prove to management and auditors that your organization is prepared for a disaster
- Faster reaction time and confidence that you’ll meet RTOs and RPOs