Just-in-Time Conversion for Fast, Efficient Access to Records When and Where Needed
Features At A Glance
- Service performed within Iron Mountain’s NARA-compliant Federal Records Centers.
- Documents scanned when needed — enabling easier, faster response to records requests without the high cost of a full digital conversion.
- Meets the unique records management needs of the federal government, including fast response to Open Government and FOIA requests.
- Pay-as-you-go service model eliminates up-front capital expenditure.
- A secure chain of custody is ensured because the original document never leaves an Iron Mountain Federal Records Center.
Federal agencies and their contractors hold a special duty to protect and secure federal records while ensuring accessibility and transparency. It’s a delicate balancing act:
- Ensure compliance with National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) 36 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 1234 requirements
- Stay within budget
- Promote efficient access
- Provide rapid response to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Open Government Initiative requests
There’s no one-size-fits-all answer — but an intelligent scanning approach that recognizes the various access requirements for different document types can help.
The Iron Mountain Image on Demand™ service is ideal for infrequently accessed physical records where the higher cost of a full digital conversion is prohibitive. Performed within the secure confines of both our NARA-compliant Federal Records Centers and standard Iron Mountain records management facilities, records are scanned “on demand,” making them available within hours. This pay-as-you-go service provides quick and hassle-free access to documents, minimizes costs by imaging only requested documents and ensures a secure chain of custody since records never leave the building.
Iron Mountain helps organizations streamline their operations. We work one-on-one with your team to define, develop and initiate the specifics of your Image on Demand program.The result is a right-sized solution that provides fast access to mission-critical documents while meeting your budget.
Safe, Consistent Handling
Using our Web-based Iron Mountain Connect™ portal, you select the record to be imaged. Our Iron Mountain Federal Records Center team carefully retrieves, prepares and scans the document(s). Each image is checked for clarity and readability. Any image that does not meet our quality standards is rescanned. We then place the loose document into its original carrier and return it to its storage location.
Secure and Timely Delivery
Once a document is scanned you can choose to access it via a secure FTP site, have it emailed as a securely encrypted hyperlink or email attachment, or securely store it — with anytime access — via our Web-based hosted repository, the Digital Record Center® for Images. If you already have an electronic document management system in place, we can create and transmit the electronic document in a format that can be easily translated into your system. No matter how the document is transmitted, you can be sure it will be delivered quickly and safely without the original record ever leaving the security of the Iron Mountain Federal Records Center.
A Single, Compliant Solution For All Records
When you choose Image on Demand for your federal records management program, you gain the ability to store records in a NARA-compliant facility while ensuring fast access to documents whenever needed. The result? A reduction in on-site storage needs at an affordable cost, all without sacrificing anything in the way of compliance or access.