Keeping your company’s data in a secure, current format is a time-consuming and strenuous task, especially since data backup technologies and media formats are constantly evolving. In addition, a host of government regulations, such as SEC Rules 17a-3 and 17a-4, require that you both create and store numerous types of records for set lengths of time in specific formats.
Should your organization be audited or receive litigation requests, it’s likely you will need to defend your practice and/or produce a designated set of data in a limited time frame. That’s when the pressure really starts to build. The reality is that the data you may need to compile to satisfy those requests could reside in many different locations and media formats spanning decades. You need to mitigate the risk of failing to comply or being unable to respond to these requests in a timely manner. And you need a solution to help you migrate your data into the appropriate format and encrypt it without interrupting your everyday data backup practice, without further stretching your staff and budget.
What if you could...
- Be confident that your data — past, present, and future — is stored in compliance with regulatory requirements?
- Proactively migrate and encrypt data to minimize risks during auditing or litigation?
- Implement a data migration strategy that helps you control your costs and keeps your IT staff focused on their daily tasks?
Iron Mountain Media Migration
You can migrate your business data into the right formats for secured retention and easily access it in the future by using the Iron Mountain Media Migration service, one of the value-added services of the Iron Mountain Data Backup and Recovery solution suite. Our experts can help you to:
- Understand your regulations and support you in designing an optimal media migration and retention process
- Mitigate future auditing and litigation risks by keeping data in an easy-to-access format
- Avoid disruption of your daily backup practice and unexpected hits to your budget
- Prepare your must-retain information for insertion into the latest archive and storage systems
What you gain
- Peace of mind knowing your organization’s data is in full compliance with industry regulations
- The ability to respond promptly to an audit or litigation request with the data you need backed by a defensible plan
- An efficient and cost-effective strategy to keep your data in a ready-for-use format and to maximize the value of your legacy intellectual property