SecureSync®: Your Virtual Window into the Iron Mountain® Vault
There are two ways to monitor and track the inventory of your backup tape and media library — manually or automatically. Legacy spreadsheet-based logs and scheduling media pickups by phone or fax offer you little benefit to maximize your staff’s time. These tools also risk introducing human error into your backup records. Regulatory mandates and audit pressures demand that your offsite tape library contains what you claim it does. Consider also that your media library, which may contain thousands or even tens of thousands of tapes and other media, has dynamic properties. It is constantly undergoing rotations, media destruction activities, litigation holds, and requests. When you desperately need your tape and media library inventory to be accurate, how do you keep your backup tape and media library in order?
What If You Could…
- Request media pickup and delivery online anytime, anywhere?
- Better manage your offsite backup program resulting in higher accuracy and consistency?
- Manage users and administrative authorization tasks easily and quickly?
- Run reports to compare record logs to your actual inventory?
Iron Mountain SecureSync
Stop worrying about the visibility and auditability of your backup tape and media inventory and free up costly staff time by making Iron Mountain SecureSync
a part of your backup operations and disaster recovery (DR) programs. As an Iron Mouantain Offsite Tape Vaulting customer, you receive access to SecureSync, a proprietary Web-based tape management application. SecureSync complements your Tape Management System (TMS) and offers you everything you need to track your media stored in an Iron Mountain tape vault.
Using SecureSync, You’ll Be Able To:
- Schedule pickups and deliveries on a regular or occasional basis online
- View information about tapes and media distributed to, stored in, and returning from Iron Mountain
- Track tapes and media at recovery sites during a disaster recovery event
- Generate status and exception reports
- Use disaster recovery instructions to ensure best-practices and proper planning during a DR event
Better Inventory Control, Fewer Key Strokes
At its core, SecureSync is an efficiency tool. Using one Web-based application, you can manage users and user permissions, request media pickups and deliveries, and run reports to routinely audit your inventory. This will save time and reduce potential for errors. Furthermore, you can use SecureSync to apply your corporate backup rotation guidelines or regulations to backup media with the click of a button.
Disaster Preparedness “Go To” Utility
In the event of a disaster, how do you want to spend your time? Figuring out logistics is not something that you want to do if your IT operations are impacted. You can use SecureSync as a central, Web-based repository for storing all of your critical business continuity documents, including DR plans, personnel authorizations, and data restoration procedures.
Active Inventory Monitoring And Management
Take advantage of automated tape library management. Submit an inventory file to Iron Mountain through a secure FTP-based SecureSync
connection, and receive an automated file comparison of your full inventory at any interval of your choosing. There is no fee for this service and you can take advantage of this capability as often as you like.
What You Gain
- Access to a secure, Web-based application, so you can manage your tape and media inventory from anywhere
- Find what you need, when you need it by gaining a virtual “window” into the vault to view your backup tape library
- Get up and running faster when a disaster recovery event occurs by having a single repository where you store all of your critical business continuity documents that is accesible anywhere with an Internet connection
About Iron Mountain
Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM) provides information management services that help organizations lower the costs, risks, and inefficiencies of managing their physical and digital data. Founded in 1951, Iron Mountain manages billions of information assets, including backup and archival data, electronic records, document imaging, business records, secure shredding, and more, for organizations around the world. Visit the company website at www.ironmountain.com for more information.