Grow a Compliant Records Management Program When You Have Control Of Your Data
What if you could...
- Gain peace of mind about the scope and health of your records management program.
- Receive improved visibility, control, protection and accessibility of your records.
- Improve your ability to monetize more value from your unique legacy records and information assets.
You are responsible for multiple types of valuable records and legacy data. Some of it is decades old, in dated formats and in many different locations. Your legacy information now supports important investment and divestment decisions, but you face a big challenge to produce it in a useable and timely manner.
Complying with increasing regulations requires you to have quick and easy access to all data and information related to business activities, land ownership, drilling activities, pipeline integrity and more — and it’s often located in legacy formats, in far flung locations.
How this affects you
When it comes to your records they need to be kept safe, yet still accessible when you need them. You need to have reports and records currently stored throughout your organization digitized and uploaded into your electronic content management systems in order to get the maximum value from your company’s investment in them. Using your information in an organized fashion will assist you with compliance to regulations, requests for information and efficient processes.
You need to find ways to:
- Keep your records safe and accessible.
- Unlock the value of your information.
- Leverage industry expertise to fill in your process gaps.
Iron Mountain® Energy Records and Information Management solutions are built on these products and services:
- Compliant records management and retention programs
- Storage solutions for virtually any media or asset type available in hundreds of geographic locations
- Transportation with records acquisition and relocation services
- Document imaging services
- Asset rationalization and metadata indexing services
- Tape transcription services
- Confidential and secure shredding and destruction programs
- Consulting services
What you gain
Iron Mountain Energy Records and Information Management solutions enable you to:
- Keep Your Records Safe and Accessible — Describe your assets and the content of your records, tag them with metadata and access them via a Web interface when needed. You’ll store your records under conditions that preserve them and receive digital copies for daily use.
- Unlock the Value of Your Information — You can find and produce documentation needed for an audit, an emergency, litigation or sale or activation of an asset. Monetize the value of your legacy information and assets.
- Leverage Our Expertise to Fill Gaps — Learn from our industry best practices and expansive network of secure transportation, specialized equipment, trained personnel and storage facilities to safely collect and consolidate assets into a records management program. Enforce compliant, legally credible retention and destruction policies.
A global engineering and construction company supporting the energy and petrochemicals industry acquired another large company to accelerate their growth. They needed to consolidate records from three different locations and integrate those into their own records program. Two locations yielded 42,000 boxes of records. The third location was the basement of a commercial building without lighting or climate control. Records, including large format engineering drawings, surveys and maps, were both boxed and loosely stacked, unprotected, on shelves and the floor. In partnering with Iron Mountain, the acquiring company was able to:
- Securely transport boxed records from three locations to a secure Iron Mountain records facility.
- Use onsite Iron Mountain staff, materials and lighting to box and barcode loose records and large format surveys and maps.
- Review document types in each box by experts, inventory of each file capturing the descriptive data and entering it into a secure Web accessible system for retrieval.
- Transfer of boxed, indexed inventory into customer’s secure Iron Mountain storage account.