Store Smart: Best Practices to Archive Your Healthcare Data: Ep 27, HealthcareTalks
For more information, visit www.ironmountain.com/HealthIT
Iron Mountain recently partnered with HIMSS Analytics to survey Healthcare Provider CIOs and IT Directors. We found that many providers are treating all data as active – and storing it onsite - increasing risk and cost.
Iron Mountain has a long history of working with healthcare providers to develop and implement archiving strategies - and we’ve learned a number of best practices:
- First, think about archiving as its’ own discipline - separate from backup
- Develop policies for what data should archived – versus what should be backed up.
- Be aware of retention requirements – if you keep the data too long, you are subject to litigation and other risks.
- Tier infrequently used data to a more cost-effective storage.
- Integrate your archival strategy with your organizations’ Information Governance strategy – they should be tightly linked.
- And finally –, you don’t need to do all this on your own. By partnering, you can redeploy your scarce IT resources to focus on key strategic initiatives.
To learn more, visit Iron Mountain in booth 5564.