Eliminate Duplicate Patient Information Across Your Enterprise
Industry averages reflect a typical duplicate rate
of between 5 and 10%.
— Day J, Wzresien D. One Hospital’s Journey to MPI Data Integrity. AHIMA.
You have spent months - if not years -
making the strategic decision to implement
a new EHR or patient portal. You’ve
researched vendor solutions, conducted
in depth technical reviews, checked and
double-checked references, even brought
in high-priced consultants to help you make
How This Affects You
An inaccurate or error-laden Enterprise Master Patient Index (EMPI):
- Increases patient-safety risks-including diagnosis and treatment
- Delays EHR adoption - impacting your ability to deliver care.
- Creates an inflated total number of patients - making it challenging
for you to address population health initiatives.
- Limits your ability to exchange information across facilities -
inhibiting the delivery of cohesive, comprehensive care across your
- Delays your ability to bill - negatively impacting your revenue cycle.
- Impacts data quality and undermines enterprise-wide IG initiatives
- due to poor data availability and accessibility.
Or perhaps you’ve made a strategic
acquisition or merger, requiring alignment
of systems and data – and interoperability
across your health system. As you
prepare to migrate data from your legacy
application to a new one are you confident
that the patient record data quality is as
clean as it can be? Or are you just moving
dirty data from one system to another?
What If You Could...
- Improve patient safety and mitigate the risk of treatment errors.
- Accelerate your EHR conversion and reduce errors in
- Enhance Meaningful Use compliance with accurate patient
- Increase data sharing and support Health Information Exchange
initiatives - while improving patient outcomes.
- Reduce expenses and increase revenues by eliminating test
duplication – and subsequent collection delays.
- Enable enterprise-wide information governance through
enhanced data integrity.
The Iron Mountain Enterprise Master Patient Cleanup Solution can help
you detect, reconcile and prevent duplicate records across multiple sites,
locations and systems. With this solution, you can strengthen your ability
to meet regulatory compliance standards, reduce the costs and risks
associated with patient identity management, and prepare for dataintensive
strategic initiatives such as population health analytics.
The solution enables you to:
Identify Data Integrity Challenges
With the Iron Mountain MPI Analytics Service, you will receive
a quantitative analysis of your existing MPI database(s), producing
a snapshot-in-time of your MPI data integrity challenges. This analysis
includes summary and detailed reports of duplicate record sets that are
sorted into logical categories. This service also includes a supporting
professional consultation to help you understand both detailed and
aggregate level information regarding your specific data integrity issues.
Manage your MPI Cleanup Process
With the Iron Mountain MPI Project Design and Cleanup Services, your
engagement begins with a detailed project plan that documents the scope
of work and schedule of activities to be performed. Leveraging industryrecognized
technology, errors in your enterprise MPI will be identified.
In addition, you will receive comprehensive services to manage the error
correction process and resolve duplicate records, overlaps and overlays.
An experienced team of HIM-credentialed professionals and talented
clean-up staff will provide oversight and management for your project,
from start to finish. Each engagement includes detailed procedures for
process improvements and best practices for patient data management
to help ensure clean patient records going forward.
Supplement your Staffing Resources
Iron Mountain can supplement your existing staff with Iron Mountain
Staffing Resources to ensure you have sufficient means to tackle the
complex challenges of patient identify management.
Support MPI Project Management, Training and Education
With Iron Mountain Professional Services, you can rely on expert
consultants to assist you in the support of your MPI Cleanup Project.
Depending on your needs and current skills, you can leverage our
expertise for MPI consultation, software installation, project management,
and technical and user training.
What You Gain
- Improved care through enhanced
patient safety and increasing clinician
- Increased accuracy of your patient
identification to support EHR and HIE
- Reduced errors and duplicates,
enabling you to achieve error rates
as low as .5%
- Enhanced compliance to help address
the reporting for population health
and other initiatives.