Federal Information Asset Framework: A Roadmap to Achieving Presidential Directive Success
Because of the Presidential Directive on Managing Government Records and other Federal initiatives, you are being driven to accelerate your migration to electronic records in order to meet deadlines, achieve compliance and realize cost savings. You need to modernize your Records and Information Management (RIM) operations, manage all permanent electronic records in electronic formats by 2019 and make significant strides in meeting other modernization initiatives like Reduce the Footprint, Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI) and Open Data to enable a more open and efficient government. And in making openness the new default state, you also need to safeguard individual privacy, government confidentiality and national security.
However, your agency is struggling to dedicate resources, secure scarce funding and gain the top management support needed to meet initiative deadlines. Fully migrating to an automated, electronic RIM system is a challenging exercise that requires both technical expertise to execute the transition and soft skills to enable the necessary change management. Moreover, as the volume and complexity of records grows, so too does the burden of calculating costs and finding ways to shrink expenses.
How This Affects You
- You may not have access to what you need, when you need it.
- Physical records may be taking up valuable real-estate because you’re unsure of what to digitize or purge.
- Multiple record formats may cause issues and delays when migrating to electronic records management.
What If You Could
- Have a clear road map to modernize your RM regardless of record format or location?
- Redefine processes and retool RM efficiencies?
- Achieve core missions and meet Federal mandates by leveraging innovative RIM strategies?
- Search, locate and review information required to make better decisions, faster?