Information managers across the globe
struggle with their records retention
schedule in three ways: keeping up with
the latest rules and regulations for records
retention, applying these rules to content
infrastructure, and communicating these
changes to employees.
The fact is, quality legal research is the
foundation of a reliable retention schedule.
After all, you rely on this research to make
important information management
decisions, so you need to be sure it’s
accurate and trustworthy.
But if you’re attempting to maintain
policies, classification schemas, and
retention schedules with manual, time intensive
processes and piecemeal
spreadsheets, you leave your organization
at risk of non-compliance. As a result,
you may be limiting the potential of your
information management program,
making it difficult to mine records for
business insights that deliver real,
How This Affects you
- Keeping records longer than required for legal, regulatory, or business reasons
- Limited resources to build, curate, and update a legally defensible, global retention schedule
- Inconsistent regulatory citation and change tracking that impacts legal defensibility
- Manual placement of the rules and regulations across your content infrastructure
68% of IG practitioners struggle to keep up with the latest rules and regulations for records retention to govern both physical and electronic information.
— Coleman Parkes Research. Iron Mountain commissioned survey. 2015
What If You Could...
- Stop retaining less useful information by applying accurate retention requirements?
- Have global visibility into the latest version of your retention schedule, so you can communicate policy and keep records compliant—no matter where they are?
- Quickly locate and share accurate, consistently formatted legal citations with your General Counsel, Compliance Officer, or other constituents?
- Synchronize your RIM-enabled systems to ensure that policy is being consistently applied to all content?
Iron Mountain® Global Research
With the Iron Mountain® Global Research service and Policy Center
solution, you gain access to relevant rules and regulations on a country-by-country
basis so you can proactively implement and communicate new
retention guidelines to all employees and RIM-enabled systems across your
enterprise. You’ll receive expert guidance to help you create or revamp
your records retention schedule, improving your records taxonomy and
structure. And with expert guidance, you’ll define your go-forward legal
research needs based on your unique requirements, so you can keep
your schedule continually current.
Iron Mountain Global Research Service and Consulting
The Iron Mountain® Global Research service shifts the paradigm of how
legal research is compiled, curated, and delivered for retention schedules.
Using a proven, step-by-step consulting methodology, our legal experts
define and build a research library tailored to your organization’s risk
profile and sized to your global footprint.
The Global Research service includes ongoing maintenance updates.
Our legal teams within individual industries and geographies continually
monitor legal and regulatory activities associated with the 30,000+
meticulously documented global legal citations in our proprietary
research catalogue. You can subscribe to specific areas of law within
your countries of operation to receive consistently formatted retention
requirements mapped to your record class structure. When laws
change within your jurisdictions, you’re alerted immediately,
so you can incorporate policy changes with the click of a mouse.
Iron Mountain® Policy Center
The Policy Center solution is the cloud-based portal through
which you receive up-to-date retention guidelines from the
localities you operate. You can systematically update and share
your retention schedules with your content infrastructure
through a standardized integration connector. You can even
share content, such as legal citations and retention requirements,
from within Policy Center with flexible exporting and reporting.
Policy Center is built to stand up to the most stringent
security standards. Administrators can set IP address and user
restrictions, limit access to content, protect against unauthorized
visitors with incorrect password lockout, and reference user
log-on history and an audit log that records activities within
What You Gain
- The ability to create and centrally manage enterprise, departmental, and jurisdictional retention schedules
- Access to more than 30,000 high quality legal citations from local law firms in 160 jurisdictions
- Electronically stored information (ESI) and data location mapping
- Advanced, tag-based filtering and searching
- Export and sharing of legal citations or retention guidelines
- Research “certified” by an independent third party (optional)
- Full audit trail, including role-based permission and security
- Continuous maintenance updates delivered directly to you online
- Personalized support from our virtual legal “Help Desk”