Electronically stored information (ESI) exists all over your organization and you lack visibility into it. It resides in your IT systems, enterprise applications, and repositories, many of which are managed in an ad-hoc fashion. Without visibility, you cannot know where your high-value and high-risk information, such as personally identifiable information, resides within your infrastructure. And, when it comes to the rapidly growing volumes of unstructured and structured data – like e-mail, text messages, social media, and voicemails – only 14 percent of organizations claim to have a data map that identifies key repositories for ESI. 2 The reality is that it is impossible to govern what you cannot see. Manual methods to locate information, coupled with a lack of visibility into ESI, increase your risk of non-compliance, drive up storage costs, and prevents you from achieving true information governance.
60% of RIM professionals say not having an information map is an issue
Information Lifecycle Management market research. GMG Insights, sponsored by Iron Mountain
How This Affects You
- It is a manual effort to address eDiscovery or Regulatory requests
- Impairs your ability to meet compliance requirements and adhere to policies
- Drives up storage costs with over retained and duplicate information
- Restricts your effectiveness in protecting high-risk, high-value information
What If You Could...
- Know which systems support your business, the types of information they contain, and who is responsible for them?
- Easily keep information about your systems up to date?
- Have a single list of systems that could be shared easily with others and support your IT infrastructure library (ITIL) processes?
- Generate an accurate list of which systems can enforce policies and which cannot?
An Information Maps Solution
The Iron Mountain® Information Maps solution combines consulting and cloud-based data mapping technology, so you can understand your information infrastructure and link your information governance requirements to it. You can work with Professional Services experts to understand what type of information you have, where it is, and securely grant internal custodians authorized access to enable better management while following an enterprise-wide data map. You’ll be able to:
- Track systems and types of records within those systems
- Determine whether or not those systems contain personal or confidential information
- Gain insights into how information on specific systems is used, how long the system has been used, for what purposes, and who has access to it
- Keep your information map current by adding newly discovered or added ESI stores
- Analyze your organization’s data map with powerful search and filtering
Working with our expert consultants and following our proven methodology, you can receive a map that reflects the locations where ESI resides across your organization. This will enable you to evaluate all information stores and leverage the value of discovered ESI, including high-risk or high-value information. You can also use the information map to apply policy and retention periods based on information risk, classification, or owner profile.
You can generate a pictorial representation of your ESI stores. This gives you an easy way to visualize systems relationships so you can identify redundancies and quickly understand where specific ESI resides and who owns it.
What You Gain
- Technology combined with expert guidance and implementation support
- A tailored Information Map you can securely share internally and externally
- A view of where consolidations, migrations, or application and hardware decommissioning can streamline your infrastructure
- Proactive eDiscovery and Regulatory response readiness – the ability to find the information you need, when you need it
Advance Your Position And Manage Esi More Efficiently With These Additional Services
- Information Governance Program Assessment & Strategic Roadmap
- Retention and Policy Development
- Defensible Disposition Strategies
- Technology optimization
- SharePoint® Governance
- Data migration
- System and application decommissioning
- System integration