Fully integrated storage management solutions for pathology
Laboratories today face a multitude of challenges — from adopting the tighter asset preservation measures recommended by the College of American Pathologists and CLIA regulations to maintaining the growing number of slides and blocks under their management.
What if you could...
- Reclaim space in your laboratory by securely moving your slides and blocks offsite, to a facility optimized for pathology storage?
- Protect the integrity of your assets with the optimal temperature and access controls?
- Easily track, locate and retrieve your assets when they’re needed?
You’re responsible for managing the slides and blocks that are critical to the success of your pathology department. But, maintaining these high-quality assets is becoming increasingly difficult as the volume of slides and blocks you manage continues to grow.
To address this issue, many laboratories have resorted to storing their slides and blocks in sub-optimal storage locations or high-value real estate — often thinking that because it’s onsite, it’s secure and accessible. In reality, this approach could place your slides and blocks at risk of unauthorized access — jeopardizing the integrity of your inventory and your ability to find what you need when it’s needed.
Iron Mountain Pathology Storage Management applies a proven, pathology-specific approach to the secure transport and storage of your valuable laboratory assets, so you can:
- Move your slides and blocks offsite with confidence. Benefit from the flexibility of offsite storage, knowing that your slides and blocks will be protected throughout their life cycle.
- Control your environment. Employ the temperature controls and pathology-specific processes needed to preserve your assets over the long term.
- Find what you need when you need it. Locate, order, and track your inventory at any time through an easy-to-use, web-based portal.
Preserve and Protect What Matters
With Iron Mountain Pathology Storage Management, you’ll get the integrated suite of services that you need to preserve and protect what matters including:
- Temperature-controlled Storage – With our controlled storage environments, you’ll gain access to the unlimited storage required to house your growing volume of slides and blocks. Our large network of facilities provides the local service you want, with the temperature and access controls you need to properly track and preserve your assets.
- Secure Transport – Prior to transit, your slides and blocks are secured in custom-designed, shock-absorbent containers that provide both physical and temperature controls. During transit, highly experienced drivers utilize real-time, wireless scanning to maintain an auditable chain-of-custody.
- Robust Tracking Capabilities – From the moment we take possession of your assets, they are barcoded and scanned each and every time they are moved — enabling you to track your inventory through our online webportal, Iron Mountain Connect™, at any time.