Registry Data Escrow Protection
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) helps to maintain and control the Internet’s naming system, and is dedicated to keeping the Internet secure and operable in the event of a physical or business failure.
Registry operators worldwide are recognizing the need for full compliance with data escrow requirements and verification testing. Iron Mountain’s Registry Data Escrow Services are designed to address these challenges by enabling registry operators to:
- Comply with Registry Data Escrow Agreement provisions, including periodic transfer of generic top-level domain (gTLD) data to a reputable escrow agent
- Safeguard valuable registry data in secure, access-controlled escrow accounts
- Deposit registry data via encrypted, secure FTP (SFTP) transmission directly to Iron Mountain
- Verify and validate that all deposited data is complete, accurate and delivered in the intended format
- Protect registry data through use of RAID storage and physical backup tapes stored in ultra-secure, environmentally safe facilities
Safeguarding continuity of service across the Internet provides needed assurance
With more than 50 years of experience, the trusted experts at Iron Mountain are recognized as both the pioneers and leaders in securely storing vital records, data and information. Today, both ICANN and thousands of customers worldwide count on our Technology Escrow Services to protect their intellectual property. Our efforts in working with registries to safeguard critical data continues to redefine the leading edge of the field and we take great pride in our ability to deliver peace of mind through strategy, security and intelligent risk management solutions.