Data Restoration Services
Imagine it’s Friday morning and you just received a litigation request asking you to produce information from a large number of legacy backup tapes spanning the past two years. This request couldn’t have come at a worse time. You recently upgraded your tape library and backup systems and now it will take you a considerable amount of time to access and read your old tapes using out-dated hardware and software.
What if restoring the data on your legacy tapes was a no-brainer?
The reality today is companies are seeing a higher volume of legacy data requests in response to litigation, regulatory investigations, and internal requests. Do you keep obsolete technology in your data center for situations like this? Old legacy backup tape, database, and email systems tie up valuable space in your data center and are expensive to maintain. In fact, industry analyst IDC estimates less than 25 percent of IT budgets are spent on infrastructure innovation or value-added initiatives. That means the overwhelming majority of today's average IT budgets are consumed by other competing priorities—and one of largest budget-breakers is infrastructure maintenance.
Iron Mountain Data Restoration services helps you restore backup data regardless of the software and equipment used to place that data on the tape and the format of the media. You can be confident that each request to locate information from your backed up data will be handled with precision, professionalism, and predictability of cost. Your restoration requests will be personally managed by our professionals who follow strict protocols for collecting and transporting your media. You also receive access to reports that document the security of your data throughout the entire restoration process. With this service, you’ll be able to:
- Establish a process for capturing, archiving, and organizing data
- Cost-effectively restore evidentiary data for a pending request
- Mitigate the risk of fines, sanctions, and loss of public trust
- Easily locate electronic records for regulatory investigations
Comprehensive Data Management Services
There is a science to caring for your legacy data. We take extra precautions to protect your data during the restoration process to ensure its security and integrity.
- Scan, catalog, and index: Create a data log in a project database, verify data integrity and separate corrupt or degraded media, rebuild tape catalogues and content indices
- Restoration options: Full or partial restoration, selective file recovery, migration and storage of recovered data in current and accessible format
What You Gain...
- Readily identifiable backup tape data that meets your archiving needs or legal review processes
- Consistently meet deadlines for data requests and eliminate delays caused by technology incompatibilities
- Defendable data restoration process with full chain of custody
- Full data restoration support without costly in-house staff, maintenance, or equipment requirements