Secure Media Destruction
You have volumes of electronic storage media—hard drives, backup tapes, CDs, DVDs—in your data center that will eventually reach their end of life. You need to reduce risk and ensure the data residing on these decommissioned assets are properly destroyed.
You must comply with data privacy regulations, such as FACTA §216 and HIPAA § 2.7.13, that mandate how you dispose of information stored on your electronic media not just what to destroy. And it’s the how to properly destroy your sensitive data that’s essential to keep your organization compliant with these regulations.
What if you could securely destroy computer hard drives and backup tapes?
The Iron Mountain® Secure Media Destruction service helps you establish a defensible, documented, and repeatable process to prepare, transport, and destroy hard drives, backup tapes, and other ewaste onsite at your data center or at an offsite destruction facility.
Our offsite Secure Media Destruction service leverages auditable, field-proven procedures and workflows to protect your existing and new media while in our possession as well as in transit.
- Collect and consolidate ewaste materials directly from your facility or from your inventory stored at an Iron Mountain facility
- Inventory and track the materials designated for destruction with the InControl® solution, our patented chain-of-custody solution
- Shrink-wrap, tag, prepare materials for secure transport
- Destroy or recycle your ewaste using environmentally friendly processes in accordance with all local, state, and federal regulations
Onsite Destruction of Ewaste
Bring data destruction to your data center and reduce the risk of sensitive data leaving your premises. Equipped with robust mobile shredding technology, our onsite destruction service follows rigorous data privacy and security workflows to ensure your computer hard drives, backup tapes, and other assorted electronic storage media are completely destroyed.
Protect your electronic storage media by selecting Iron Mountain to:
- Destroy hard drives and other ewaste onsite with mobile shredders
- Document the security of your data during the destruction process with a fully auditable security framework, helping achieve full compliance with data privacy regulations
- Erase or demagnetize select electronic media prior to shredding
What You Gain
- Peace of mind that your ewaste is destroyed and nonrecoverable, while remaining compliant with audit-ready documentation
- Safeguards across the destruction process, whether it’s conducted offsite or onsite at your office location
- Improved efficiency by outsourcing the entire process—from media preparation to certificate of destruction
Reduced the risk of an inadvertent data disclosure with Iron Mountain Secure Media Destruction…because how you destroy your electronic media does matter.