BACKFILE CONVERSION: THE KEY TO UNLOCK YOUR DOCUMENT ARCHIVES
Tired of spending precious time sifting through endless stacks of paper documents? Losing out on opportunities and missing deadlines due to delayed access to critical information? Backfile conversion can help.
What is Backfile Conversion?
Backfile conversion is the process of converting paper documents into digital formats through document scanning and imaging. These digital files will then be indexed and stored in a central digital repository, where authorised users can search for and access important information in a timely manner. With backfile conversion, you are no longer bound by the limitations of physical records and can enjoy the improved accessibility, efficiency, and security of your enhanced document management system.
Why Iron Mountain?
- We are able to link your physical and electronic records and information, wherever they reside.
- You will benefit from our highly secure personnel, processes and facilities.
- We have 20+ years of experience in scanning, indexing and classification.
- Our breadth of services means you deal with fewer vendors.
BENEFITS OF BACKFILE CONVERSION & DOCUMENT SCANNING
Here are the key advantages of scanning your physical documents into digital formats:
- Improved Efficiency: The ability to quickly search for and access the information you need will improve efficiency and productivity.
- Reduced Costs: Digitising your documents lowers your storage costs, frees up space for revenue-generating activities, and eliminates the need for physical record management.
- Enhanced Security: Digital records can be password-protected, encrypted, and stored in secure locations, making them less susceptible to loss or damage due to natural disasters or other unexpected events.
- Improved Accessibility: With digital records, you can access information from anywhere, at any time, with just an internet connection. This can help facilitate remote work and collaboration between team members, even if they are not in the same physical location.
- Easier Document Management: Digital records can be easily organised and managed using document management software, allowing for efficient workflows and easy collaboration between team members.
- Enhanced insights: With information centralised in a digital repository, you can extract valuable data and insights from your legacy records and documents to make better business decisions.
Converting all of your legacy paper records to digital files doesn’t make financial sense and can be a daunting task. Instead of doing all your scanning at once, experts from Iron Mountain Malaysia we can help you set up a fast efficient process for the strategic conversion of your paper records and documents to a digital format. prioritise and achieve your goals by segmenting it into a series of backfile conversion projects or by establishing Day Forward Scanning and Image on Demand programs.
HOW BACKFILE CONVERSION WORKS
Iron Mountain’s backfile conversion process is designed to be secure, efficient, and transparent. Here are the steps involved in the backfile conversion process:
- Physical documents are picked up and securely transported to Iron Mountain scanning centre.
- Iron Mountain’s scanning experts will prepare and scan the documents, ensure quality control, and index the documents.
- Digital documents will be stored in a secure cloud storage together with existing customer digital repositories, and can be accessed through Iron Mountain Connect. Physical documents will either be returned to you, stored in an Iron Mountain offsite storage centre, or securely shredded, depending on your preference.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENT IMAGING SERVICES WE PROVIDE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT IRON MOUNTAIN BACKFILE CONVERSION
Iron Mountain is able to scan and digitise most types of documents, including:
- Multiple formats between 4A0 to A10
- Large format documents up to 60 inches wide
- Bound books
- Archival records
- Employee Files or P-Files
- Microfilm (Roll Film, Microfiche sheets and Aperture Cards
- X-Rays (Medical, Dental, and Industrial X-Rays)
- Various types of Colored, Black and White, Single and Double Sided documents
Timelines on backfile conversion process is subjected to the volumen of documents, and the technical requirements for the scanned images. Our account managers, and subject matters will define the length of project time in our Service Level Agreements.
At Iron Mountain, data security and confidentiality is our top priority. Our dedicated vehicles securely transports your documents with patented security, tracking, and auditable chain of custody. Physical documents are carefully handled by our trained professionals. Upon document digitisation, all electronic information is encrypted at rest and during transmission across a secure network with access restricted by encryption keys. Once the digital documents are available in our secure cloud storage, you may authorise selected users to access only the information they need. The physical documents will then be returned to you, securely shredded, or safely stored in our offsite storage centres, depending on your preference.