How a Multi-Tier Data Storage Can Cut Costs, Simplify Operations and Improve Security
Put your data in the right place at the right time for the right price.
Because your business creates and relies on more data than ever before it is clear managing it all is a tight rope walk.
Consider the numbers:
- In October 2020, Gartner forecast enterprise data growth rates will exceed 35% per year throughout the next decade.
- Many companies store their active data on high-speed memory or flash storage that can cost more than $100 per gigabyte.
- Uploading the data into the cloud is a great solution except that many vendors charge egress fees of 8 to 12 cents per gigabyte to move data.
- Data breaches and security incidents are costly. In a new report from IBM and the Ponemon Institute, the average cost of a data breach in 2020 in the United States is $8.64 million.
- Watch this 2 minute video and see how multi-tier data storage can help you manage your data - active and inactive, online and offline and without breaking the budget.
According to the 2020 Verizon Data Breach Investigation Report, 30% of breaches were the result of an internal threat for financial services.