Cost-Effective Offsite Shredding
WHAT IS OFFSITE SHREDDING?
Secure, convenient, environmentally friendly and cost-effective, secure offsite paper shredding is an ideal solution for organizations that need ongoing, verified destruction of sensitive and confidential documents.
A COST-EFFECTIVE SECURE OFFSITE SHREDDING SERVICE
By choosing Iron Mountain, you’re partnering with an information management company that follows shredding best practices. We handle all documents with a consistent chain of custody, resulting in a tightly controlled and well-documented shredding process.
Best of all, offsite secure shredding provides the same benefits as onsite services—but at savings of up to 40%.
WHY CHOOSE IRON MOUNTAIN AS YOUR OFFSITE SHREDDING SERVICE?
Cost-effective: Save up to 40% over onsite shredding services.
Secure: Our InControl technology captures key information at the time of service at your location — including barcode scanning, container volume capture, electronic signature and time/date stamp, providing control and ensuring a secure chain of custody for your sensitive information.
Reliable and Consistent: Our offsite shredding services are delivered by screened, well-trained and highly professional employees.
Accountable: From the moment our driver arrives to pick up your materials to final destruction at a secure shredding plant, your information is protected and part of a documented audit trail.
Verifiable: A certificate of destruction is issued at the end of the shredding process to document that your sensitive documents have been thoroughly destroyed.
Sustainable: Shredded materials are recycled of in a secure, environmentally friendly manner.
Responsive: Usage and trend reports allow you to monitor and ensure full optimization of your shred program.
How Offsite shredding works
1. Generate your order using your Safekeeper PLUS online account
2. An Iron Mountain driver will arrive at your company site and scan the bins to be shredded
3. The service information from each scan is captured in the Iron Mountain driver’s handheld device
4. Your shred bins are delivered to Iron Mountain’s secure vehicle
5. Electronic signatures are requested to acknowledge service
6. The shred bin information will transmit to Iron Mountain’s database in real-time
7. The Iron Mountain driver will securely transport your shred bins to an Iron Mountain Shred Facility, where your bins will be scanned on the dock confirming arrival
8. At the time of destruction, each shred bin is scanned confirming all material has been destroyed
9. You will receive certificate of destruction
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY
“I can’t imagine an easier service and a better peace of mind and it’s also a selling point that you can use with your clients to say, ‘Look, our data’s secure. We use Iron Mountain.’ What better reference could you give?”
Patrick Cox, President, Professional Alternative INC
Get in Touch with us to try our offsite shredding service today!
Whether you opt for offsite shredding or any of our other of our secure shredding services, you’ll have access to a free, online self-serve portal with a suite of tools to help manage your account, including usage and trend reports that help ensure your secure destruction program remains compliant and defensible, cost-effective, operationally optimized and environmentally sound.
What other services Can we offer you?
Choose the Ideal Container for Your Office Space
Shredding on your schedule
Iron Mountain Connect™ is a secure online hub for on-demand management of your shred program. Use it to place a destruction request, change service frequency, add a new location or close an existing location, run activity reports and more.