Producer Responsibility Organisation
Producer Responsibility Organisation
WE HAVE SOME SUCCESS STORY
In our Endeavour to ensure a better future, we at IRON MOUNTAIN INDIA PVT LTD adopt eco-friendly innovations and practices. We are acting responsibly to protect the environment our “Sustain the Future- Go green” program is an initiative towards leading a more sensible life, and taking an aware step towards conservation and optimization of resources. So, when an Electrical & Electronics item reaches its end-of-life, we take it back, reuse it or dismantle/recycle it.
IRON MOUNTAIN INDIA PVT LTD has been working in the area of safe disposal of E-waste. Since electronics items contains toxic and Hazardous Waste and Compressed Air Condensate. Safe disposal of E-waste reduces the environment pollution. The correct disposal of old product will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health.
Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF) has formulated and notified its strategy to tackle the E-waste through the E-waste (Management) Rule 2016.Company policy of IRON MOUNTAIN INDIA PVT LTD supports recycling and remains committed to comply with India’s E-waste (Management) Rules 2016.Further as per the guideline issued by Central Pollution Control Board.
As a part of our E-waste recycling programme “Sustain the future – Go green”, India’s leading Producer responsibility Organization to comply with E-Waste Management and Handling Rules in providing environmentally sound management of end of life electronics product. IRON MOUNTAIN INDIA PVT LTD is associated directly with various leading E-Waste recycling companies in India that do ensure proper recycling and disposal of E-Waste.
IRON MOUNTAIN INDIA PVT LTD will provide E-Waste drop off collection centers and ensure environmentally sound management of electronics that have reached their end of life phase.
GUIDANCE ON THE DISPOSAL OF END-OF-LIFE PRODUCTS
Our Consumers could contribute to resource conservation and prevent potential environmental problems by properly depositing of their old consumer durable products and its accessories at designated collection facilities identified by IRON MOUNTAIN INDIA PVT LTD. Improper handling or disposal of Electronic Waste causes great damage to Environment. For that customer has to register a request on our Toll Free Number – 0806-919-4766 or visit website: www.ironmountain.com/in or mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are providing facility to all of our customers which will be run through our PRO (IRON MOUNTAIN INDIA PVT LTD).Our PRO is having agreement with Kuehne + Nagel Pvt. Ltd for Reverse Logistic to transport our customer's e- waste for proper disposal or recycling to ensure environmentally sound management of electronics that have reached their end of life phase.
Our Consumer / Customer can also drop a request for pick up from their premises. Then the E-waste collected through this channel will send to nearest authorized Dismantler/ Recycler.
We have collection points / centres in PAN India level which cover almost all major cities, town and rural area of every state in India.
HOW CUSTOMER CAN GET THEIR PRODUCT RECYCLED
DO'S & DON'T
- Always look for information on the catalogue with your product for end-of-life equipment handling.
- When your products reaches to its end of life should be disposed properly for recycling to protect our environment.
- All electrical and electronic products after its end of life are required to be handed over to the Authorised Collection Centre / points / dismantler / recycler as per information provided on our web side or customer care / toll free numbers.
- Keep the product in isolated area, after it becomes non-functional / un–repairable so as to prevent its accidental breakage.
- Always drop your used electronic product, batteries or any accessories when they reach the end of their life at your nearest Authorized-waste Collection Canters / points
- The product should not be opened by the User himself / herself. But only by the authorised service personnel.
- The product is not meant for re-sale any unauthorised agencies / scrap dealer / kabariwala.
- Do not keep any replaced spares part (s) from the product in exposed area.
- Do not store unused Electrical / Electronic Equipment in your premises for longer duration.
- Do not throw electronics products in normal household waste stream. “Do not Dispose” having sign as mentioned below.