What if you could optimize your records storage, digitize records on demand, manage electronic data regardless of format, media, or location throughout its lifecycle, as well as maintain and increase data management compliance?
You can. Partner with Iron Mountain to leverage existing government contracts. Iron Mountain Canada holds the NMSO covering the entire Canadian geography making us the only National Vendor for the services of Records Management, Secure Shredding and Data Management along with Imaging Services / Digitization. Additionally we hold 3 Provincial Vendor of Record contracts for assorted Records Management and Shredding services.
With a drive towards Open Government in Canada, ministries and agencies are challenged to keep up with policies related to information management and governance. One key challenge is driven from the tremendous growth of records remaining born both physical and digital, which result in departments needing greater ability to manage and enforce policies and procedures.
Optimize your information management throughout its lifecycle while addressing the challenge of growing amounts of records with Iron Mountain’s comprehensive portfolio of solutions.
- Confidently and consistently enforce policies and procedures with Iron Mountain’s Records & Information Management solution while retaining full control and access to records when needed.
- Better leverage your technology investments to ensure you meet your compliance objectives and other business obligations with our Digital Imaging Services.
- Intelligently image and document to meet your department’s access and budget requirements while freeing up valuable resources
- Leverage our Secure Shredding solution to ensure you are securely destroying paper records past retention, and effectively managing growing volumes and variety of data
NMSO AND VOR CONTRACT
Vendor or Record:
- ONGOV VOR – TENDER 7279 - Vendor of Record in Ontario for Secure Shred Services
- VOR for Records Management Services – Province of Ontario, Province of Alberta, Province of British Columbia
For further information about the RMSO or any other contracts, contact us for more information.
SERVICES WE PROVIDE
A treasury in the UK had the review cycle for government files shortened from 30 to 20 years, and needed to complete the transition to the 20-year rule by 2024. This meant the treasury had to double the rate at which it reviewed its files while adhering to the exacting demands of the treasury and other key regulators.
Iron Mountain demonstrated deep understanding of the requirements and activities involved in the program with its Records & Information Management solution. Iron Mountain provided adept management of the three-way collaboration with the treasury and other key regulators from which progress could be easily tracked in the comprehensive custom reports generated on-demand.
- Improved reporting and progress tracking
- Consistent delivery against targets
- Compliance with stringent key constituent standards for permanent record preservation
Solutions to help:
A department in the UK generated lots of documentation and was required to identify records for permanent preservation. The timeframe for releasing records to the public had also been reduced from 30 to 20 years, placing extra demands on the department. With the public records due to be released to the public, the department went in search of greater efficiencies.
Iron Mountain collaborated with the customer to design and provide a customized solution for management of their records. By placing all its records management business with Iron Mountain, the department standardized processes, reduced storage costs, and made the box or file retrieval available with next day delivery as standard with Iron Mountain’s offsite storage solution.
- Better storage utilization and efficiency
- 99 per cent record retrieval and delivery success
- 10 per cent saving expected on storage costs
Solutions to help:
A large Federal Government found it difficult to manage and track information as government information was growing. A “space vacuum” was created, which occurs when space is sucked up by unnecessary tasks and physical items like files, boxes, and old IT equipment. Another major challenge for the customer was to get the most value out of the space they had.
Iron Mountain offered an end to end process with its Clean Start solution that analyzed records, reviewed key government workflows to see if converting to more digital processes would be beneficial, and coordinated Secure Paper Destruction and Secure IT Asset Disposition to free valuable space.
- A Clean Start consultation highlighted what could be done to maximize space and improve processes. A best practice plan with various improvements that would help address real estate, records, and information savings goals was created.
- Moving physical records, back-up tapes, disks and other electronic media to a compliant off-site storage facility was a low-hanging opportunity for regaining real estate, and helping to ‘Reduce the Footprint’ targets.
- Destroying outdated records / files or electronic media that was past retention helped to reduce the amount of on-site information and compliance risk.
- Physical records were reduced by converting a subset of critical information to digital formats.
Solutions to help:
IRON MOUNTAIN CONNECT
The Iron Mountain Connect hub is the online customer gateway to all the innovative tools and technologies you need to manage your information. Use this tool to place orders, run activity reports and access your inventory data — anytime from anywhere.
Login at www.ironmountainconnect.com