MANAGE YOUR ORGANIsATION’S MAIL WITH EASE AND SPEED
Organisations are trying to go “paper free,” but that isn’t fully possible when paper-based mail continues to arrive and your employees struggle to manage large volumes of inbound physical mail every month. On top of that, the rise in remote workforces makes it difficult to deliver paper mail to the correct owner, which can cause productivity delays.
Whether you plan on going back to the office, remaining virtual or a combination, freeing yourself from receiving and distributing physical mail is critical to move forward. Iron Mountain can help.
Transform Your Mailroom
Iron Mountain Digital Mailroom solution is a software as a service (SaaS) offering that provides authorised employees to easily access and receive digitised versions of critical business mail – anytime, anywhere.
- Securely access your digitised mail in the cloud
- Boost collaboration and productivity through automated workflows
- Integrate with existing systems such as email, Salesforce, and Microsoft Office suite
- Reduce your physical footprint and related real estate expenditures
- Pay one affordable, predictable monthly price
How It Works
Iron Mountain Digital Mailroom solution is as easy to set up as it is to use.
- Instruct the postal service to redirect your mail to Iron Mountain secure facilities
- Our experts scan and automatically capture keywords for your mail
- You can search, access and auto-route digitised mail in our information management and content services platform, Iron Mountain Insight®
- Only authorised people can view and share mail, with smart distribution
MAILROOM MODERNIsATION: EVOLVE WITH YOUR ORGANIsATION’S NEEDS
For businesses, paper-based correspondence has always been predominant and reliable. Like clockwork, mail comes in and mail goes out. But all that incoming documentation needs timely and efficient distribution, acknowledgement, and action.
Click on the boxes below to learn more about the three types of mailrooms and how you can modernise yours.
The traditional mailroom is the entry point for large volumes of inbound physical mail that requires back-office operations to sort and distribute. This can result in:
- Delayed employee productivity to sort and deliver mail to the right person across departments
- Poor customer experience
- Potential compliance and regulatory ramifications
- Loss of sensitive information
- Greater challenges supporting a remote workforce
Digital mailrooms with smart routing backed by content services platform (CSP) which includes:
- Scanning and digitisation of physical mail for web and mobile access
- Content management
- Search and retrieve functionality
- Optical character recognition (OCR) capabilities
- Extraction of metadata for efficient search
- Validation and review
- User access rules and routing
- Audit tracking for improved compliance
Intelligent mailrooms offer all the benefits of a digital mailroom through intelligent document processing (IDP), which includes:
- Information governance
- Intelligent metadata extraction and enrichment
- Classification with AI/ML
- Workflow automation
- Federated multi-repository
DIGITAL MAILROOM SOLUTION FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Iron Mountain Digital Mailroom solution is a software as a service (SaaS) offering that allows organisations to access critical physical mail. This solution enables you to:
Frequently Asked Questions
Iron Mountain’s Implementation team meets with your organisation to learn how your organisation wishes to handle mail: by department, floor, individual, etc.
Iron Mountain then sets up your users, user groups and metadata security rules to ensure that the proper people have access to the mail. Many organisations also have an administrator who can update this hierarchy if, for example, you are out of office, and need your mail temporarily rerouted.
You are able to select from several disposition options for your physical mail:
- Your physical mail is returned to you
- Your physical mail is stored in an Iron Mountain record center
- Your physical mail is shredded