Certifications, Awards, Commitments and Partnerships
Safeguarding what you value is our priority. We not only abide by the strictest industry standards—we help set them. Our industry memberships, certifications and awards keep us ahead of new developments so we can innovate for our customers.
2019 Nareit Leader in The Light Award for Kevin Hagen in the category of Leadership Personified
Iron Mountain wins Best of Show at IBC 2019 for innovation and outstanding product in media & entertainment for the Iron Mountain InSight platform.
We received a 100% on the Human Rights Campaign 2020 Corporate Equality Index for the third year in a row
2018 Google Cloud Technology Partner of the Year for AI & Machine Learning.
Iron Mountain is listed on the FTSE4Good Index for meeting globally recognized corporate social responsibility standards.
In 2017 Iron Mountain was awarded the EPA’s Green Power Leadership Award for our work related to increasing the use of renewable energy.
We rank 619th on
Fortune Magazine’s Fortune 1000.
Fortune Magazine’s Fortune 1000.
We’re a member of the S&P 500 Index, the leading bellwether of the U.S. equities market.
The corporate research team at Selling Power magazine has ranked Iron Mountain #9 of the 50 best companies to sell for in 2017.
We are recognized as a PRIVACY+ certified organization by Professional Records and Information Services Management International
As a Participating Organization, Iron Mountain adds its voice to the standards development process and collaborates with other Participating Organizations to improve payment security worldwide.
Iron Mountain is proud to be one of the 11 founding members of the newly named Veteran Jobs Mission, a coalition of companies aiming to hire a total of one million U.S. military veterans.
Our GHG emissions reduction goal was approved by SBTi in 2019. Using 2016 as a baseline, our aim is to reduce absolute GHG emissions 20 percent by 2025.
On June 4, 2018, Iron Mountain joined the RE100 and committed to 100 percent renewable energy and to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to help meet the Paris Climate Accord.
In 2016 Iron Mountain announced that our data center business unit joined the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Better Buildings Initiative as a Challenge Partner.
In order to reach our environmental impact goals Iron Mountain is proud to be a member of organizations like the Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance, Sustainable Brands and The United Nations Global Compact.
Iron Mountain understands the value of transparency and public reporting on our environmental, social and governance, ESG, impacts. We report to a number of different frameworks each year, including The Global Reporting Initiative, CDP and others.
Iron Mountain is committed to leveraging our global scale to make a positive difference on the communities in which we work. As a signatory to the United Nations Global Compact we are committed to the Sustainable Development Goals.
- PRISM (Professional Records & Information Services Management) – we’re a founding member of this professional body for information management vendors.
- Shared Assessments by The Santa Fe Group – we participate in Shared Assessments and sit on the steering committee that develops tools and best practices for Third Party Risk Management.
- REBA – we are a member of the Rocky Mountain Institute’s Business Renewable Center and the Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance (REBA). Combined, our commitments to wind and solar power make the company one of the top 25 buyers of renewable energy among the FORTUNE 1000 and a top 70 energy buyer in the Environmental Protection Agency Green Power Partnership.
- Service Organization Control (SOC) 3 Report, formerly SysTrust®, from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – an audit of our IT systems by an outside, independent auditor to ensure we have appropriate internal controls in place for our IT infrastructure environment. Our SOC certification is based on three Trust Services Principles: (1) Security, (2) Confidentiality, and (3) Availability. Each principle is supported by well-defined and detailed criteria that encompass an organization's infrastructure, software, people, procedures and data. Download the Service Organization Control (SOC) 3 Report here.
- Service Organization Control (SOC) Type 2 Report from the AICPA – Iron Mountain also maintains a non-public SOC 2 Report. If needed, please work with your account representative to obtain this report.
- AAA Certified by National Association for Information Destruction.
- Privacy+ certification from PRISM International
- PCI-DSS Attestation of Compliance (AOC) based on the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard – If needed, please work with your account representative to obtain this attestation.
- ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Certification, which establishes common Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) controls and procedures for Iron Mountain InSight® running in a secure cloud hosted environment.
Iron Mountain is licensed by the New Jersey Office of Consumer Affairs, license NJPM001200. The permanent place of business in NJ is 526 Route 46, Teterboro, NJ.