Energy companies need to maintain compliance with a large and evolving set of regulations, with a growing focus on sustainability. An abundance of paper records can count against sustainability efforts, consuming trees and providing ample landfill fodder. At the same time, a mix of physical and digital documents makes it difficult for users to get information where and when they need it, while maintaining data security and compliance.
What if you could
Digitize physical assets and aggregate them with digital‐native assets in an intelligent document processing system that can help you overcome traditional energy sector data challenges, to:
- Become paperless or paper‐light, contributing to sustainability goals while reducing costs.
- Increase efficiency and productivity, saving employee hours previously spent searching for archived or misplaced records, physically updating files, and printing paper documents.
- Improve your data security and compliance capabilities.
Iron Mountain paperless energy
Our experts can help you:
- Digitize paper documents: Digitize your own physical documents, or Iron Mountain can pick up and digitize them for you.Optical character recognition (OCR) extracts contents from documents to make them easily searchable. Iron Mountain InSight® offers low‐code/no‐code capabilities, so you can tailor automated workflows to your specific needs for faster, more accurate results.
- Streamline operations: Automated processes push correspondence, contracts or other critical documents into the right workflow quickly and accurately, so you can focus on your core business. Low code/no code capabilities help you further tailor automated workflows to your needs for faster, more accurate results.
- Gather information faster: Let our experts get your information into the system quickly and accurately.
- Connect data across platforms: Integration with existing systems breaks down information silos and provides access to all relevant information in one place.
- Enable anytime, anywhere access: Authorized users can easily access and search documents on our secure content services and intelligent document processing platform via a single web-based portal.
- Protect your business: Auditable chain of custody, secure storage, data encryption, access restriction, and role-based permissions keep data safe. Our intelligent document processing platform complies with industry standards and data retention policies, while providing capabilities that help you respond to audits and discovery requests.
- Manage the entire lifecycle: Iron Mountain can dispose of physical records by securely storing or shredding them or returning them to you.
The results impact every area of your business helping you:
- Protect the planet and reduce costs: Reduce your paper footprint and stop paying for paper along with paper management, storage, and disposition.
- Drive better energy outcomes: Give employees access to vital information with advanced search capabilities across data sources, and instant access to real‐time information via a single web portal, with dashboards providing impactful visuals for powerful insights.
- Maintain security and compliance: Better protect sensitive data through robust access controls, security rules, and reporting, plus features that streamline audit and discovery compliance.
Make a move to reduce paper now
Contact us to see a demonstration of Iron Mountain's Paperless Energy solution and learn how it can help you go paperless or paper-light.
1The World Counts, Paper Waste Facts, accessed May 2023. 2 Calculation: USPS emitted 1.7 million metric tons of CO2 between