IT ASSET RECYCLING & DISPOSITION
A proper IT asset disposal program protects company information and the brand
Technology is evolving rapidly and refresh cycles are shrinking. As a result, the process of IT asset disposition (ITAD) is more complex and introduces significant business risk for you and your organization.
A properly designed IT asset disposition program is one that meets all of your disposal needs while maximizing retired asset value in a secure, efficient and environmentally-friendly manner. Iron Mountain offers Secure e-Waste and IT Asset Disposition, with proper logistics and secure chain-of-custody methods to ensure compliance, security and sustainability for all of your products.
We partner with certified recyclers who safely, ethically and responsibly recycle IT assets
What Makes Iron Mountain’s Secure IT Asset Disposition Different
- Secure Chain-of-Custody: Track assets as they are processed through each secure checkpoint up to the final processing and receive an auditable certificate of destruction.
- National & Global Footprint: With 3,500 trucks in the US and a global reach operating in dozens of countries across five continents we support your needs at scale
- Environmental Sustainability: Feel secure knowing that as an e-Stewards Enterprise we work with e-Stewards or R2 certified partner organizations that follow the strictest environmental and data privacy guidelines
- Protect Your Brand: Protecting critical information for decades, information management is all we do. Iron Mountain is trusted by 95% of the Fortune 1000
Avoid the chances of a data breach by having a clear strategy for securely destroying, recycling or repurposing media and other IT equipment
The Iron Mountain® Secure IT Asset Disposition solution helps you destroy and recycle or repurpose numerous IT equipment types with reliable, environmentally-friendly and secure services.
The Asset Disposition solutions help you reduce e-waste by destroying and recycling or redeploying a wide variety of IT assets. Plus, with services that include secure logistics with rigorous chain-of-custody processes, you can rest assured that the entire process will be managed securely and conveniently, maximizing the value of the retired assets.
With Iron Mountain, you can:
- Work with a single, trusted vendor to build and manage your IT asset disposition and media destruction practices following a proven, certified process that is consistently implemented across all of your locations.
- Have the ability to tailor the program to reflect your company's internal objectives and align with its unique compliance requirements.
- Rely on a consistent, dependable, secure IT asset destruction process that complies with internal and external regulations and helps you deliver on corporate sustainability initiatives.
Here's how IT Asset Recycling & Disposition works:
Secure eWaste and IT Asset Disposition
Improper disposal of IT assets puts sensitive information at risk and potential damage to the brand
Regardless of the size or industry of your company, you need a defined process and secure procedures for disposing of retired and non-working assets. Regulatory penalties, a damaged brand reputation and inadvertent disclosures could result from improper methods.
Iron Mountain® Secure e-Waste and IT Asset Disposition (SITAD) services enable you to securely dispose of obsolete IT assets in an environmentally-responsible manner through certified partner organizations. You can also maximize your asset value recovery with industry-leading logistics and secure chain of custody processes.