Secure IT Asset Disposition
Secure IT Asset Disposition ServicesFailure to properly dispose of IT equipment can have serious consequences for your data, the environment, and your brand reputation. Go the extra step with your Secure ITAD services with a program that includes secure recycling, remarketing and destroying retired IT assets that are no longer of use in a sustainable manner.
What are Secure ITAD Services?
Maximize the value of retired IT assets through refurbishment, data sanitization, and reselling at market price
Reduce total ownership cost while maintaining industry security and sustainability requirements
Breaking down IT assets into commodity categories
Adhere to the strictest guidelines including a no-overseas and no-landfill policy
Media Destruction Services – Bulk or Serialized
Destroy media with flexible onsite or offsite capabilities
Dismantling media services include data bearing media and hard drives
Secure e-Waste and IT Asset Disposition
Improper IT Asset disposal puts sensitive information at risk and potentially damages your brand
Regardless of your company's size or industry, you need a defined process and secure procedures for disposing of retired and non-working assets. Regulatory penalties, a damaged brand reputation, and inadvertent disclosures could result from improper IT asset disposal methods.
Iron Mountain® Secure e-Waste and IT Asset Disposition (SITAD) services enable you to securely dispose of obsolete IT assets in an environmentally-responsible manner through our certified partner organizations. You can also maximize your asset value recovery with industry-leading logistics and secure chain-of-custody processes.
Your Secure ITAD Program
Standardizing your ITAD Program Just Got Easier With:
- Online Portal Access – one central location to place an order, have complete visibility for all sites and equipment, and view reporting
- World Class Logistics and Processing – a secure Iron Mountain trackable fleet with patented systems and processes to support best-in-class disposition
- Consistency Across All Sites – maintain consistency with operations, processing, reporting, and a point of contact
- Pre-Approved Rates – understand costs in advance with pre approved rates
Customer Success Story
Top Health-Tech Company Fast Tracks Data Center Decommissioning While Ensuring Data Security and Environmental Sustainability
The Challenge To Dispose
Up against an immovable eight-week deadline, the customer had to securely dispose of data-bearing, on-premise legacy servers, and migrate operations to a private cloud, hosted from a new U.S. based data center.
The Ability To Focus
Freed from dismantling and wiping old hardware, the health-tech company’s IT team was able to shift their focus to data migration, system shutdowns, and other top priorities. Because of this, the company was able to relinquish the property and meet its legal commitments on time.
Complete Secure ITAD project included:
- 600+ servers decommissioned
- 8-week aggressive timeline met
- 100% inactive drives securely destroyed
- Full certification and compliance auditability
Additional Secure ITAD ServicesCustomize your Secure ITAD program with these additional services:
We partner with certified recyclers who safely, ethically, and responsibly recycle IT assets
What Makes Iron Mountain’s Secure IT Asset Disposition Different
- Secure Chain-of-Custody: Track assets as they are processed through each guarded checkpoint from pick up all the way through final processing and receive an auditable certificate of destruction.
- National & Global Footprint: With 3,500 trucks in the US and a global reach operating in dozens of countries across five continents, we have the capabilities to support your needs at any scale
- Environmental Sustainability: Feel secure knowing that as an e-Stewards Enterprise, we work with e-Stewards or R2 certified partner organizations that follow the strictest environmental and data privacy guidelines
- Protect Your Brand: Safeguarding critical information is what we've done for decades. Our experience enables us to be trusted by 95% of the Fortune 1000