Secure IT Asset Disposition
Secure IT Asset Disposition ServicesFailure to properly dispose of IT equipment can have serious consequences for your data, the environment, and your brand reputation. Go the extra step with your IT asset disposition program and ensure security and sustainability with a program that includes recycling, remarketing and destroying retired IT assets that are no longer of use.
IT Asset Remarketing
Maximize the value of retired IT assets through refurbishment, data sanitization, and reselling at market price
Reduce total cost of ownership while fully maintaining security and sustainability requirements
Assets are demanufactured into commodity categories
Adhere to the strictest guidelines including a no-overseas and no-landfill policy
Media Destruction – Bulk or Serialized
Flexible destruction option include onsite or offsite capabilities
Data bearing media and hard drives
Secure eWaste and IT Asset Disposition
Improper disposal of IT assets puts sensitive information at risk and potential damage to the brand
Regardless of the size or industry of your company, you need a defined process and secure procedures for disposing of retired and non-working assets. Regulatory penalties, a damaged brand reputation and inadvertent disclosures could result from improper methods.
Iron Mountain® Secure e-Waste and IT Asset Disposition (SITAD) services enable you to securely dispose of obsolete IT assets in an environmentally-responsible manner through certified partner organizations. You can also maximize your asset value recovery with industry-leading logistics and secure chain of custody processes.
Your Secure ITAD Program
Standardizing your ITAD Program Just Got Easier
- Be Confident with Online Portal Access – easy access to place an order, have complete visibility for all sites and equipment, and view reporting
- Be a Leader with World Class Logistics and Processing – secure trackable Iron Mountain fleet with patented systems and processes support best-in-class disposition
- Enjoy Consistency Across All Sites – maintain consistency with operations, processing, reporting, and a point of contact
- Rest Easy with Pre-Approved Rates –understand costs in advance with pre approved rates
Customer Success Story
A Top Health-Tech Company Fast Tracks Data Center Decommissioning While Ensuring Data Security and Environmental Sustainability
The Challenge To Dispose
Up against an immovable eight-week deadline, the customer had to securely dispose of data-bearing, on-premise legacy servers and migrate operations to a private cloud, hosted from a new data center in the U.S.
The Ability To Focus
Freed from dismantling and wiping old hardware, the health-tech company’s IT team can turn their attention to data migration, system shutdowns, and other priorities; ensuring the company relinquished the property and met its legal commitments to the new owners on time.
- 600+ servers decommissioned
- 8-week aggressive timeline met
- 100% inactive drives securely destroyed
- Full certification and compliance auditability
Additional ITAD ServicesCustomize your ITAD program with these additional services
We partner with certified recyclers who safely, ethically and responsibly recycle IT assets
What Makes Iron Mountain’s Secure IT Asset Disposition Different
- Secure Chain-of-Custody: Track assets as they are processed through each secure checkpoint up to the final processing and receive an auditable certificate of destruction.
- National & Global Footprint: With 3,500 trucks in the US and a global reach operating in dozens of countries across five continents we support your needs at scale
- Environmental Sustainability: Feel secure knowing that as an e-Stewards Enterprise we work with e-Stewards or R2 certified partner organizations that follow the strictest environmental and data privacy guidelines
- Protect Your Brand: Protecting critical information for decades, information management is all we do. Iron Mountain is trusted by 95% of the Fortune 1000