PROTECT YOUR RECORDS WITH OFFSITE RECORDS STORAGE CENTRES
Records and information are the lifeblood of any organization. Managing and protecting these valuable assets is a must.
Offsite records storage centres provide secure, climate-controlled storage solutions for physical records and data. These centres are equipped with advanced records indexing systems for efficient records retrieval and provide a more secure and compliant solution for hard copy document storage so you can have peace of mind knowing that your records are safe, compliant, and in good hands.
At Iron Mountain Malaysia, our records and information management (RIM) professionals will work with you to identify records for relocation to our secure off site records storage facilities, where they’ll be tagged and classified using your own terminology, tracked with barcode labels, and made available on our customer web portal, so you quickly locate and retrieve your information as needed.
BENEFITS OF STORING PHYSICAL DOCUMENTS IN AN OFFSITE COMMERCIAL RECORDS CENTRE
Key benefits of offsite records storage, or offsite document storage, include:
- Increased security: Specialised in records and information management, Iron Mountain Malaysia’ offsite records storage centres offer secure vault storage equipped with advanced security measures such as video surveillance, access controls,fire preventions and security, and a climate-controlled environment to keep each type of asset in the environment most suitable for them to prevent damage and information leaks.
- Improved organisation: Iron Mountain makes records retrieval simple by tagging, classifying and indexing records according to your own terminology and tagging them with Barcode labels. This makes it easier to track, locate and retrieve the documents you need quickly and accurately.
- Reduced costs: Storing physical records on-site can be expensive as it requires space, resources, and staff to manage and maintain. Offsite records storage providers like Iron Mountain Malaysia can take this task off your hands and provide high-quality, secure, and cost-effective records storage solutions, so you free up resources for other critical business operations.
- Increased efficiency: With an advanced record indexing system, Iron Mountain experts can retrieve your records quickly and efficiently for you, allowing you to swiftly respond to customer needs and adapt to changes.
- Compliance: Besides improved organisation making it easier to track documents in the archive, Iron Mountain experts can help to ensure you meet compliance requirements and industry standards for record archiving and hard-copy document storage.
WHY CHOOSE IRON MOUNTAIN FOR OFFSITE RECORDS ARCHIVING
The Proof is in the Building
Iron Mountain Records Centers adhere to key facility requirements for:
- Security. Inclusive of construction, perimeter security, entry security, interior security and security planning.
- Fire Safety. Preventative measures with proven fire-safe construction and dependable water supplies.
- Environmental Controls. Comprehensive climate-controlled environment that safeguard your records from the elements.
Consistent Chain of Custody
Iron Mountain has developed proven workflows to deliver the highest level of security and accuracy in documents and records storage. Plus, our InControl® solution protects information in transit with patented security features and tracking.
People You Can Trust
Iron Mountain adheres to strict security requirements. We conduct rigorous background checks, employee screenings and formalised training to ensure the highest standards of security are maintained when protecting, storing and retrieving records.
Offsite Doesn’t Mean Offline
The customer’s Web Portal Records Management application provides online management of your boxes and files, including metadata, searching, tracking and processing of service requests. With just a few clicks, you can search through your offsite inventory, locate what’s required to satisfy an internal or external request and arrange for it to be quickly scanned or delivered by one of our vetted and trained employees. You can free-up valuable real estate and staff by moving boxes and files to Iron Mountain—without sacrificing visibility to your information assets. And you’ll have rapid access to high-activity files using our Open Shelf File Storage solution.
HOW IRON MOUNTAIN’S OFFSITE DOCUMENT STORAGE IS DESIGNED FOR YOUR NEEDS
Storing your items doesn’t have to be a complicated process.
When you choose to store your physical documents with Iron Mountain, our end-to-end confidential records storage solutions mean you’ll have one trusted partner for all your records archiving needs. Iron Mountain can handle everything from transportation, to document archiving and records indexing.
Here’s an example of what a typical document storage process looks like:
- You pack your archive boxes OR we can pack them for you.
- Your cartons are picked up and stored in a secure Iron Mountain storage facility.
- Schedule a fast retrieval of your cartons online.
- Your selected cartons are delivered back to you.
Specialised Records Storage
If you have specialised storage needs, such as preserving larger volumes of records or materials that require special environmental controls, Iron Mountain can design and create a customised vault to meet your specifications.
- Climate-controlled storage for materials that require definitive environmental and relative humidity specifications.
- Separate vault storage for film, magnetic and mixed media to prevent cross contamination.
Whatever records situation you find yourself in, our information management experts can help.
Iron Mountain® Project Services help with short-term records engagements requiring special handling of critical business assets. Records management projects differ from one project to the next. When it comes to implementing one-time, periodic or on-going projects, Iron Mountain’s records management professionals have the expertise you need.
Whether its archiving paper records as part of a digital transformation initiative; cleaning out records and other assets currently held onsite to regain workspace; or conducting an inventory audit to purge, retrieve or relocate records to drive RIM program compliance or reduce your audit risk; our project team acts as a seamless extension of your organisation. We manage the projects from start to finish, providing you regular updates, so your staff can stay focused on your business.
Iron Mountain Project Services has you covered. Here are some of the ways we can help you:
Inventory Relocation Services.
Iron Mountain specialists can purge, pack and provide point-to-point transfer of carton and files from your facility to Iron Mountain Record Centers. We can pack your records into standard Iron Mountain RFID-ready storage cartons and collect metadata to describe box contents with an option to individually list and index each file in the carton.
The Iron Mountain data entry team can capture file-specific descriptions to help manage your inventory at the file-level.
Transmittal Preparation for Cartons.
We can review carton contents and capture associated metadata. This information makes it easier for you to find the documents you need, when you need them.
Inventory Audit Services.
It is important to know what inventory you have so that you can respond to discovery or other events. Iron Mountain Audit Services provides dedicated space in our Records Centers for conducting audits. Along with space, we can help inventory your cartons, prepare files and provide support for material handling.
Open Shelf Consolidations.
Without regularly scheduled purging and shifting, your file room will quickly outgrow capacity. Iron Mountain’s project team can perform selective purges to ensure your program remains up-to-date.
Our Open Shelf File Storage solution can also replicate your file room in a secure, offsite storage environment using your filing system—with retrievals, refiles and interfiles performed by our expert staff. Learn more about our open shelf file storage here.
Document Recovery Services.
Iron Mountain can clean and restore information assets damaged by natural and man-made disasters, contaminants, dust, mold, water or animal infestation.
Secure Shredding for Non-Typical Shred Events.
Iron Mountain can handle a variety of shred scenarios for events that fall outside your typical shred program frequency, such as imaging projects, M&A activity, and one-time shredding events like a building consolidation or workforce-based shred event. These services can also include our Secure IT and e-Waste Asset Disposition service (SITAD) upon request to dispose, donate, recycle and/or repurpose IT equipment, such as monitors, hard drives and other media. Learn more about our secure shredding options here.
Office Building Consolidations/Relocations/Closures.
You can improve real estate use by freeing up valuable space currently occupied with file rooms and records storage. Iron Mountain can assist by helping you identify the records that can be relocated to an Iron Mountain facility
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT IRON MOUNTAIN OFFSITE RECORDS STORAGE CENTRES
Iron Mountain is able securely store most documents and media in our Offsite Records Storage centres, including but not limited to:
- Hard-copy documents of different sizes.
- Physical documents with sensitive information like legal, financial and medical records
- Thermally printed documents requiring Air Conditioning storage.
- All paper-based documents or records,
- All types of media storage devices.
Iron Mountain’s customer web portal for your Records Management needs provides online management of your boxes and files, including metadata, searching, tracking and processing of service requests. With just a few clicks, you can search through your offsite inventory, locate what’s required to satisfy an internal or external request and arrange for it to be quickly scanned or delivered by one of our vetted and trained employees.
At Iron Mountain, data security and confidentiality is our top priority. Our dedicated vehicles securely transports your documents with patented security, tracking, and auditable chain of custody. Physical documents are carefully handled by trained personnel who have undergone thorough background check and screening. Our secure vault storage facilities are equipped with advanced security measures such as video surveillance and access controls to protect your data.